Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dearest Child

Dearest Child


I'm sorry,

Dearest child,

To put you through this hell.

Your angelic face brightens in my arms,

As you snuggle into the warmth of my body.

I can't give you what you seek,

The nourishment that I should provide,

But I can't seem to find.

Instead,

I will give you the lies told to me,

Let you feed on this betrayal,

I'm not the mother I should be.

My heart is a dead object,

One that was stolen and never returned.

Your father has no love in his heart for you,

Little child,

I have nothing to give you.



As you sleep in the shadows,

I watch you grow,

Studying your movements.

Bright-eyed child,

The source of strength and power,

For yourself,

For me.

I still have no love for you,

Darling,

No warmth left for you.

I watch you walk away,

All grown up in the world,

With no love for your mother.

I drift away into darkness,

Seeking nothing,

Wanting only my only child,

To speak of a unwanted love,

My dearest child,

I have loved.

No comments: