Saturday, April 12, 2008

Desperate I

I can see you, Mommy,
Can you see me?
I can feel your heart matching mine
And I can hear the purr in your voice,
I laugh because it tickles.

Why are you so sad, Mommy?
Have I done something to make you upset,
To make you cry?
Tell me,
Maybe I can fix it.
My body’s tiny,
But my heart is big,
Let me help, Mommy.

Who is he, Mommy,
Who is that man?
Mommy,
I’m scared.
“Get away from my mommy, mister,
Stay away.”
I’m glad we’re home,
Gone away from the mean man.



Redemption II

I love you Mommy,
I’m glad you got away from the evil man.
Why are you crying,
Can you feel that I’m alive and well?
See,
I’m giving you a hug every time you feel me kick.
Why are you so upset, Mommy?
Did you know that when you cry,
I cry within you too?
Don’t cry,
Soon I’ll come and wipe away your tears.

Mommy,
Where is daddy?
Doesn’t he love us,
Doesn’t he want to be with us?
Is that why you cry, Mommy?
Did daddy hurt you?
Don’t worry,
I’ll protect you from him.
Please stop sobbing,
You’re hurting me too.

Soon,
I’ll be beside you soon.
I can’t wait to see you, Mommy.
I can’t wait to be able to rest my head on your chest,
And listen to your heartbeat.
I feel your love down to my toes,
I can smell your scent like it was my own.
I love you, Mommy.
Just wait,
I’m coming.

“It’s a boy!”

It’s so bright, Mommy,
Please shield my head.
Protect me,
Guide and keep me beside your warmth.
I am strengthened by the love in your eyes,
The exhilarating speed of your heart gets my own to open.
Oh, Mommy,
You’re so pretty.
I snuggle into your shoulder as our hearts match once again,
I love you, Mommy.


By: Victoria Rowland

No comments: