Saturday, April 12, 2008

Somebody Else's Kids and More...

This poem is based off a book I just read and I was moved by it. So I wrote a poem for it...enjoy and comment.


Somebody Else's Kids

Expect the unexpected with children,
Dream the forbidden dreams.
They were just somebody else's kids,
Caught in a game with the world of chance.
Together they came into their angel's arms,
Filled with hope and love,
Attached with invicible strings.
Bright eyes growing dim,
The taunts of others filling up their world,
Controlling their minds and hearts.
Can't they be accepted into this world,
Can they be somebody's kids?

By: Stephanie Lee


Inspired by: Torey Hayden's book, "Somebody Else's Kids"


Now it's just a random talk I'd like to have with some people. One boy is really constantly on my mind and it's starting to get on my nerves. Boy, you know who you are. And another, is just...nevermind. It's like I'm a hopeless romantic and guys are just strange things to me. I used to think I was able to understand them, read their eyes and such, but now I'm not so sure. I just hurt and I can't stop hurting. He couldn't fix what he promised he would. It reminds me of some lines to a song I listen to:

Whenever I call your name,
You're not anywhere.
I'm trying to hold on,
Just waiting to hear your voice.
One word,
Just a word will do,
To end this nightmare.

I guess I'm still looking for a savior, to end my nightmare. And kamp people are going to be all, Jesus will take care of you. Oh, the Lord will provide. Nothing against saying that, I have no problem with that. But it feels like I need more than that. I, and all humans really, need to feel loved by another person. And I'm not feeling anything out of you people.

No comments: